Why I wore revealing dress to event: Gospel singer "Nikky Laoye" ~ Uchenna Udekwe Blog Get our toolbar!

8 Dec 2013

Why I wore revealing dress to event: Gospel singer "Nikky Laoye"

Gospel singer, Nikki Laoye, has defended her bold dress sense following the controversy that trailed her after she popped up in a daring and revealing gown at an event recently.

In an online chat with Skoops, the Angel 4 Life singer declared:
“First, I would like to say that a onetime style look does not define my total dress sense. I hardly wear dresses or skirts. The influence of growing up as an only girl with my three brothers is usually seen in my tomboyish fashion style, as I am mostly a jeans and top lady.

The dress in question was for my performance at the recent launch of the new popular TV network, EbonyLife TV.”

She said further: “It was a rare moment to catch Nikki, I must say, as I was styled in an Iconic Invanity piece off the 2013 Italian Fashion Week Runway by Veronica of Vane Style, the official stylist to Genevieve Nnaji, Omotola Jalade-Ekehinde and more.

“It definitely caught everyone’s attention and even FAB magazine called it one of the best looks of the night. For me, it was a whole new adventure, one which I enjoyed and relished greatly and it totally has nothing to do with my music or message.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be posted after approval. Thanks for visiting.