Britain's first ever twerking champion ~ Uchenna Udekwe Blog Get our toolbar!

24 Nov 2013

Britain's first ever twerking champion

The global phenomenon of twerking has gone mainstream. Now the UK's first ever twerking championships has taken place in London's King's Cross. 

Ten of the best twerkers in Britain lined up at Scala nightclub to prove their jiggle and jerking credentials to a sold-out crowd.

The solo champion, 19-year-old from Tottenham, East London, who goes by the stage name, Mizz Versatile, was awarded £200. The double's winner, 18 and 20 year-old sister who call themselves Shannon X2, from Harrow, in north-west London won £400.

Mizz Versatil, who has a daughter aged two-and-a-half said: 'I've been dancing for years. Twerking recently came up and I decided to learn.
'I tried different ways of moving my bum and practice whenever I have time.'

The Shannon X2  faces were covered with balaclavas as they danced on the small stage, but they denied it was because they were ashamed. 

The older sister, who wore a black balaclava and brightly-patterned leggings with a dark crop said: 'I felt it was an advantage because me and my sister wanted to be judged purely on our twerk skills, not our looks.

'If our faces are covered they have to look at our ass only.
'We combined balaclavas with crop tops and patterned leggings.
'You have to showcase more effort to see the jiggle through the fabric so that's why we don't wear shorts.'

A 'jelly round' saw the girls standing still and shaking without moving their feet.

1 comments:

  1. What's Happening i'm new to this, I stumbled upon this I have found It positively useful and it has helped me out loads.
    I hope to give a contribution & help other users like its
    aided me. Great job.

    My web page minecraft

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be posted after approval. Thanks for visiting.