The inspirational doctor: Doctor Paralyzed from the waist can still perform surgeries ~ Uchenna Udekwe Blog Get our toolbar!

1 Dec 2013

The inspirational doctor: Doctor Paralyzed from the waist can still perform surgeries

Dr. Ted Rummel, a successful Missouri surgeon has beaten unbelievable odds by returning to the OR after suffering sudden paralysis from the waist down.

Dr. Ted lost his ability to walk or stand when a blood-filled cyst on his spine burst in 2010.


Dr. Ted said: ‘One of my first thoughts was, “Oh my gosh, my life as I know it was erased,”’ he recalls. ‘Who you are out of the OR is gone and you have to redefine yourself.’

But the dedicated physician believed within himself that he can he will be back in the OR no matter what it took.


A year of intense rehabilitation later, he was back in the game with the help of a stand-up wheelchair. The device allows him to perform soldier surgery which requires doctors be standing.


He added: ‘I wouldn’t have made it through any of this if it wasn’t for my wonderful wife,’ he says. ‘I am so grateful for her and my family, who I’ve gotten to know all over again.’

It is over only when you believe within you that all hope has been lost. Be determined and refuse to quit in that situation, you can beat all odds. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be posted after approval. Thanks for visiting.